Latest News


Struggling to find a job that’s flexible and fits in with your university commitments?

Employment Resources

Struggling to find a job that’s flexible and fits in with your university commitments OR maybe you’re tired of doing the same old job and need a change. WE CAN HELP!

IOSFA’s Employment Assistance Program is a free, professional and confidential consultative advice service available to all registered IOSFA members.

IOSFA’s team can assist you with:

  • The jobsearch process and getting that job through proper guidance.
  • Fact sheets and resources for career planning, job search, application process and interview
  • Careers counselling to make informed decisions about career direction and related course choices
  • Understand your interests, values and abilities and  how these relate to career choice;
  • Explore possible graduate employment options.

Send us an email with your details and a copy of your resume and one of our counselors will be in touch with you shortly.

Other Relevant Employment Information & Websites


Free advice if you have been improperly treated by an employer (e.g. unfairly dismissed, bullied or harassed).
Phone: +61 3 9662 1933 or 1800 331 617 (outside Melbourne)

Work Choices line (formerly Wageline)

The Work Choices line provides information on wages, working conditions, awards and certified agreements. They can also assist if you have not been paid correctly.
Phone: 1300 363 264

The Australian Council of Trade Unions

The ACTU represents union organisations, and provides information to workers. If you are a member of a union, they can assist you in matters pertaining to work.
Phone: 1300 362 223

Human Rights & Equal Opportunity Commission (HREOC)

HREOC investigates a variety of issues including discrimination on the grounds of race, colour or ethnic origin, racial vilification, sex, sexual harassment, marital status, pregnancy or disability.
Phone: +61 3 9281 7100

Office of the Employment Advocate (OEA)

The OEA provides assistance and advice to employees on the Workplace Relations Act, especially Australian Workplace Agreements (AWAs) and freedom of association.
Phone: 1300 366 632

Victorian WorkCover Authority

Information about safe working practices and how to lodge a claim if you are injured at work.
Phone: +61 3 9641 1444

Organization Telephone Website
Australian Taxation Office 13 28 61
Centrelink 13 24 90
Consumer Affairs Victoria 1300 558 181
Victorian Legal Aid +61 3 9269 0234
Superannuation Hotline 13 10 20